One's Observations

A collection of some things I observe along the way.

Retrieving...

"Beijing is drawing up plans to prohibit or restrict exports of rare earth metals that are produced only in China and play a vital role in cutting edge technology, from hybrid cars and catalytic converters, to superconductors, and precision-guided weapons."

"China mines over 95% of the world’s rare earth minerals, mostly in Inner Mongolia. The move to hoard reserves is the clearest sign to date that the global struggle for diminishing resources is shifting into a new phase. Countries may find it hard to obtain key materials at any price." (Full Article)

4 comments:

LL said...

Great photo of the Li River.

Anyway, that article really misses the boat. The Chinese have been AGGRESSIVELY buying up rare earth metals in Africa and South America for the past four years in particular. They wish to secure the metals for themselves and to control the market.

The West doesn't seem to care.

This is not news. It's been a common sight in many parts of Africa and has been widely reported.

Sparky ♥ ∞ said...

Good article. Hubby and I been watching China's progress for many years now, on the news and historical programs on the History channel. They are going to be a real threat (or, already are?) to us for sure.

Just in my never-to-be-humble opinion that India may also become an even bigger threat. America needs to stop being so anti small business and whoo back industry, etc. to our shores. If we don't this could add to our undoing.

Thanks for following me. I am deeply humbled. I hope to keep my blog interesting and timely for everyone. I'm not the sharpest tack in the drawer, but I do love the US Constitution and swear to obey it. God bless! :)

From the Rotti's desk said...

Very impressive site. I am glad I found it, thanks for following my blog.

a guy with a family living in suburbia said...

Glad to have more like minded patriots to connect with. We are not alone!!!

Subscribe

Share and Save

Blog directory
Bloggapedia, Blog Directory - Find It!